Saturday, June 20, 2009

Jourdan Dunn for Calvin Klein


s: á la Balenciaga/TFS

On the surface, this ad reminds me of a slightly less violent version of the DSquared2 ads that Naomi Campbell did with Linda Evangelista earlier this year. Instead of actively fighting, the girls kinds of look like zombies trying to waltz. That said, this is a really big step for Jourdan's career and I applaud it. I think her particular look fits CK's aesthetic perfectly. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the ads.

3 comments:

Camille Acey said...

zombies learning to waltz! that is so it. i am so not loving this shot. what in the world?

i still don't get the whole jourdan dunn thing, but i can't and won't hate.

Anonymous said...

*dead* at "zombies trying to waltz* Well, not literally... lol

Lenoxave said...

I remain pleased whenever black models get an excellent opportunity. However, I stay disappointed w/the mediocre styling and photography seen in so many campaigns.