Monday, September 8, 2008

Tracy Reese - Spring/Summer 2009


I'm the woman who struggles with adding color to her wardrobe. I mean, I love bright colors and feminine florals, it just seems that when I do buy those things they end up kind of isolated in the back my closet. Tracy Reese has always been one of those designers who I secretly wish was my sister or best friend so I could raid closet without the regret I feel sometimes when I buy something pretty that I never wear. 

The first thing that usually comes to mind when I look at her clothes is "cocktail party at Reese Witherspoon's house." That's not a bad thing, but it's not really me if I'm being honest. That said, there are plenty of beautiful pieces in this collection and many that would be easy to work into an everyday wardrobe, even for the color phobic amongst us.

My favorite item is the green/yellow floral belted bustier like top paired with the green pant.

S: nymag.com

1 comment:

Lenoxave said...

Lovely use of color. Very feminine, but also wear-able. I get the Resse bit. :-) However, there are also pieces that I would definitely wear.