Monday, August 4, 2008

"The Now Ease" Vogue Italia - August 2008




Italian Vogue editor Franca Sozzani made good on her promise to continue using black models in the magazine. This month's issue features an editorial titled "Fun and Chic" featuring a photo of Chanel Iman with various other models while Jourdan Dunn gets an all too brief editorial alongside male model Josh Beech. I must say that I really like Jourdan's editorial (shot by Emma Summerton.)  It's got a real melancholy vibe to it that goes well with the black and white shots. I just wish it was longer. 

S: FraItaly/TFS

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it, but can some other black models get a chance other than the "it girls"? Same goes for their white models. The same 5 chicks don't need to be in U.S., UK, Paris and Italian Vogue every month.

Camille Acey said...

good spread. much better than most of the stuff from the "black issue".

B said...

@gbw - I guess they are trying to replace the old go-to black model (Naomi) with two new go-to black models (Jourdan and Chanel.) I agree that some variety would be interesting. I'd love to see Hollis in this spread.

@Camille- I agree. I think VI did the July issue on the cheap.

Lenoxave said...

Not bad. I'm just not wowed by alot of these shoots. However, still nice to see them in the mag.

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

In order for these models to become better known, they have to keep working. I don't remember getting sick of the big three in the day (Naomi, Christy T., Linda). They were larger than life.

I'm still waiting for the American fashion mags to ease up on the celeb covers. They're boring.

Tyra is on the cover of Harpers not because she's a model but because she's now a "mogul". When did the trend start happening re: covers...after InStyle came out? I know in the past these covers sold more than ones with models but I read the Gwyneth cover was the lowest selling issue for Vogue this year.

O magazine had a double digit decline. What's that about?