Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Pour La Victoire


Sandals season. Ugh.

As much as I am looking forward to warmer weather and trading in gray Seattle skies for something clear and blue, I hate dealing with my crocodile feet in the summer. There is simply not enough cocoa butter in the world to keep the ash at bay on my dogs.

I've decided that I need a new pair of gladiator sandals but I keep putting it off because I don't want to deal with the injustice of showing the shoe salespeople at Nordstrom the crusty fire-walkers called my feet so online shopping has become my method of choice. This even though I have terrible luck buying shoes this way. Last month I bought two pairs of the sandals Pierre Hardy designed for the Gap only to be disappointed with how they looked in person and last year I bought four pair of Steve Madden flats only to have them arrive and discover that just because something is marked size 10 medium does not mean that it will fit.

I spotted this gray and cream faux reptile pair at Endless.com and fell in love on the spot. They're made by Pour La Victoire, which is a Brazilian shoe maker with a "French" twist. They arrived today (free overnight shipping!) and I couldn't be more pleased. They are pretty, comfortable and stylish and they come nicely package in a pretty pink box. They're just so darn cute that I had to share them with you.

Now if I could just find my Ped-Egg...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are few things I hate more than showing off my feet. I haven't worn sandals in ages. I wear socks and sneakers all year round, even when it's ninety degrees outside. If I could afford to have weekly pedicures('cause I'm too lazy to do it myself), I'd be less shy about exposing my less-than-perfect tootsies to the world.

B said...

I just can't keep up with pedicures. No matter what I do or slater on my feet, it seems that two days later they look a mess again. I don't have the time to go every single week and I'm kind of germ phobic about the process anyway.

raafi said...

Granted, I know nothing about ladies' foot game, so I'm guessing the Burt's Bees solution is not enough, but I wonder. How bad can it really get.

eclectik said...

This blog is the hotness!

Those shoes are kinda bangin


eclectik-relaxation.com