Thursday, September 13, 2007

The Brown Dress Project


This woman wore the same brown dress every single day for a year as part of performance art project. My first thought looking at the photo was "damn, why that sack of a dress?" but really I admire the spirit of the piece. I know that I buy things on impulse that I really don't need. In spite of all the clothes I have in my closet and in boxes, I still end up wearing the same outfits pretty frequently. For me, it's either my completely unimaginative combination of skinny black pants, flats, and a light sweater with a scarf; a shift; or my trusty denim. Very boring but it works for me, especially with a toddler running around my knees.

2 comments:

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

I also admired her spirit, but don't think I could do the same.

She said that most people didn't notice and if she just accessorized differently with a sweater or something, no one mentioned anything...

Made me wonder what company she worked at, because I can tell you, people at my work do pay attention!!

My trusty outfit is comfortable pj-like tweed pants, or denim trouser jeans, a cute top, and a structured black jacket with a chunky necklace and ballet flats. :) Fool proof, comfortable and stylish...

Anonymous said...

Like you, I completely respect this woman's endeavor (though I could never go through with it). It's an admirable undertaking.